Daily Intentions

Don't fret about the rest of your life; start with today, just for today and make peace with who you are...
Do not be angry, Do not worry, Be thankful, Work hard, Be kind...
(Thank you J!)
I am a wife and mother, learning from and embracing my faith, to provide a strong foundation in my marriage and for my children. Along the way, I have had questions and hit road blocks that caused me to doubt my faith and who I am. I have found despite every doubt and question, no matter how great your human support system is, if you don't find Christ within yourself and love who God intended you to be; free of fear and judgement, the void will never be filled.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Confession 1 of 365

Here it is the first day and I am already getting a late start. I guess this will be my first and maybe shortest confession. Motherhood is tiring and completely full of unexpected turns!! My sick child and rambunctious year old put a wrench into my perfectly planned day...I did not get half of the things done on my list today. I know I didn't take one single moment to sit back and just say "Thank You" to God for all the blessings and trials in my life...yes, the trials too...for it is within them that we usually get or learn from the greatest of blessings.

So here it is, day one of my year of confessions to God, when I want to complain about the shortcomings and demands in my daily life. I am going to refrain and try to take in a breath to listen, so I can praise God for all He has bestowed upon me. I cannot go out and "Be the change I want to see in the world", as Mother Teresa put it, if I cannot sit back and listen to what He has in store for me. That includes trading in a sore throat for a clean and organized closet...I can see it in the horizon!!

For tonight, I am going to commit to making more time for Him. My mother who is an amazing woman, once said to me, "When you pray to God, He listens to you. But when you meditate, you are listening to God". I am afraid I have not done a very good job at being a student of God in that manner. So that is what I am going to do. No writing about what I have an opinion on or how I have overcome a hardship; but what God may want for me as his child, nothing more or less.

I will not go to sleep in frustration with a head full of an unfinished agenda. Instead, I will close my eyes and listen to what it is He wants me to do for him. Instead of asking or complaining to God about the things I did not finish today, I will simply ask..."How can I better serve you God?" How can I be a better disciple of your Son in my daily life. I will from now on be more conscious of my complaints and not be as hard on myself. For today, even with half of my chores left unfinished, I still was a mother to my children, wife to my husband and compassionate to my friends and pets. There is no such thing as a failed day, just a new beginning in which to walk beside Christ tomorrow. My confession tonight is just to God; showing Him my thankful heart for all that He has given to me...even if it is not in my plans for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment