Daily Intentions

Don't fret about the rest of your life; start with today, just for today and make peace with who you are...
Do not be angry, Do not worry, Be thankful, Work hard, Be kind...
(Thank you J!)
I am a wife and mother, learning from and embracing my faith, to provide a strong foundation in my marriage and for my children. Along the way, I have had questions and hit road blocks that caused me to doubt my faith and who I am. I have found despite every doubt and question, no matter how great your human support system is, if you don't find Christ within yourself and love who God intended you to be; free of fear and judgement, the void will never be filled.

Monday, April 5, 2010

First Code of Conduct: To Live in Christ

How many of us love our children more than our own life? (Yes, even after the tantrums, boogers on the walls and constant bickering with their siblings!!) I know I can sit here and rattle off 10 names of people I would do anything for without hesitation.

In my quest to begin a new era of my life and live more "in Christ", I have written down 10 things, or "personal commandments", to aid in my journey. I looked over my list of people with pride and realized one person was missing....Me. I am not putting myself on the list in a narcissistic or selfish way, only to help me be better and appreciate myself and my role as a child of God. If I don't love myself, how can I love others the way God wants me to?

John says the same in the bible. "To love is to live according to his commandments: this is the commandment which you have heard since the beginning, to live a life of love." (John 2:6) Living a life of love, for all things God has created on earth, to be a steward for the children he has given me, to be a caretaker for the earth and to respect and love all creatures here. Not just to live it, but to emulate it in every action and thought.

The first rule I will bring into my life is to devote all of my being and service to God. I will strive daily to be consciously aware and allow Him into my life; living each day as pure and thankful for the gifts I have and the path He has me on.

From this moment, I am surrendering my fears and faith to God and to feel nothing but love from Him and for Him. I know the number one rule I teach my children, is to never judge, but more importantly never judge a person for where they are in the moment you see them at their weakest. Because at that moment, you never know if they are sent to test your love for God. They have come to know that when they look another person in the eyes, they are seeing the love of Christ in that soul. It always amazes me that I taught them that, yet, it is always my children who remind me of this important lesson. My lesson from them is to be more consciously aware of this in my daily life and prayers. To have a greater love for myself and not be my hardest critic...not an easy thing for a mom to do!

"We have recognised for ourselves, and put our faith in, the love God has for us. God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him." (John 4:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment